Friday 24 June 201 124 June 2011 International Day against electromagnetic pollution, Oikos gives support to Manifesto
(Source: Antenna not Getxo, PECCEM, ASIDES; image: Pako-bcn) and Oikos
International Day against electromagnetic pollution
Friday June 24 marks the International Day Against Electromagnetic Pollution.
Electropollution or electromagnetic pollution is a continuous exposure to electromagnetic fields which come primarily from two sources: power lines, electrical substations and circuits and on the other hand, the antennas of mobile telephony, own mobile telecommunication systems and WiFi and Wimax, in general, all types of wireless communications.
We denounce the unsustainable growth of the electromagnetic pollution associated with uncontrolled proliferation of electrical infrastructure and telecommunications networks, it has become an environmental problem and public health, and call for the need for a deep legislative change in regulations to regulate such activities.
State Platform Electromagnetic Pollution (PECCEM) has developed a MANIFIESTO for this international day against electromagnetic pollution which highlights the recognition internationally of the harmfulness of such contamination and alleges that a series of problems still exist such as pressure of lobbying from industry to minimize potential risks, the promotion by the authorities of WiFi, the lack of recognition of the hypersensitivity as a disease, etc.
Posted by ANTENNA NO! 10:42:00 PM on 0 comments Labels: General
LINK IN SPANISH VERSION CLICK HERE MANIFIESTO
International Day Against Electromagnetic Pollution
This year 2011, with the occasion of June 24, World Day Against Electromagnetic Pollution, organizations of affected , environmentalists and other citizen organizations, grouped in the State Platform against EMF, put special emphasis on the growing recognition in the field of International harmfulness of electromagnetic pollution, which this year it has been twice:
1. The adoption on May 27 of Resolution 1815 of the Parliamentary Assembly of Council of Europe about the potential dangers of electromagnetic fields and their effects on the environment. The European institutions, following reports of the European Environment Agency and the resolutions of 2008 and 2009 the European Parliament to appeal again to the urgent implementation of the precautionary principle, especially in relation to boys and girls and adolescents. Among other things, in any environment, we recommend wiring instead of WiFi to connect to the Internet, and particularly in schools, calls for the recognition of health, labor and social electrohipersensibilidad (EHS) and urged governments to make public information campaigns about the risks of the various devices emitting electromagnetic pollution.
2. The International Agency for Research on Cancer, an agency of the WHO to assess the scientific studies of potential carcinogens, has ranked microwave radiation as a possible carcinogen level 2B. This opens way for potential lawsuits and finally ends the myth promulgated by the operators of this radiation are harmless. Finally, the IARC / WHO warns us that both the low-frequency electromagnetic pollution (2B carcinogen since 2002) as the high frequency microwaves are potential carcinogens.
Moreover, we regret and denouncing the following facts:
1. The fact that various government bodies, experts and other lobbies improvised wireless telephony, and the mainstream media, continue to generate disinformation and bent on distorting the urgent message of resolution 1815 and IARC 2B classification.
2. The state governments and individual autonomy does not take note of international warnings and modify projects and legislation. Especially that it continues to be the WiFi Internet connection in the Schools Program 2.0, even against the express wishes of the centers that have ordered the wiring.
3. Which continue to promote and subsidize wireless in all public areas and at home (WiFi in cultural centers and libraries, schools, squares and public parks, in transportation, health centers and hospitals , etc.)..
4. The fact that wireless carriers committed to continue to prevent the application of municipal regulations in order to provide guarantees of health. As seen in the case of regulations and other regulations Leganés guarantors are under attack by the operators in the courts.
5. That, in relation to the low frequency of the electrical industry, as a result of disinformation and complacency of the authorities go ahead highway projects great power that threaten our health and the environment and there are still too close to power stations housing and substations in the same low residential buildings.
6. Which still does not recognize the electrohipersensibilidad (EHS) and central complex disease susceptibility associated with electromagnetic pollution. The health, social and labor electrohipersibles people is very serious and urgent, both in personal suffering as involving the violation of their human rights, labor and citizens.
7. The failure to have already taken urgent regulation of polluting facilities and uses in homes, workplaces and education, transport and leisure (DECT cordless phones, WiFi, WiMax, baby monitors, theft detectors).
8. That was not planned and the creation of white areas, the establishment of health care protocols and special aid to those most affected by electromagnetic pollution.
On this day especially, and in all the years, the public must be informed and to require the state authorities and the various autonomous regions to implement European and international recommendations to avoid health and social catastrophe looming the unrestrained proliferation of sources of electromagnetic pollution emission
The State Coordinator of the Platform against electromagnetic pollution - PECCEM